Midland Lead Australia have combined their knowledge of lead sheet to produce lead products suitable for radiation protection in the healthcare sector. Our products include thin lead sheet and lead-lined boards, all manufactured to the highest standard to suit specific and individual project requirements to ensure protection from radiation.
Midland Lead Australia offers a large rand of lead-lined boards. Our most popular products are our lead-lined plaster and plywood boards. All boards are made to order, meaning we can supply both standard and bespoke pieces to suit your requirements. Rolled lead sheet ranging in thickness of 0.44mm to 2.2mm is cut and bonded to plasterboard, plywood or MDF. Medical lead is also available in different heights:
- Description: 2700mm x 1220mm lead-lined structural board – lead 2.7m
- Description: 2400mm x 1220mm lead-lined structural board – lead 2.4m
- Description: 2100mm x 1220mm lead-lined structural board – lead 2.1m
The following table shows the different sizes, thicknesses and weights of our radiation boards:
|Item||Lead Thickness||ML Code||Weight (kg/psm)|
|Lead Sheet||0.44mm||Code 1||5|
|Lead Sheet||0.88mm||Code 2||10|
|Lead Sheet||1.32mm||Code 3||15|
|Lead Sheet||1.76mm||Code 4||20|
|Lead Sheet||2.2mm||Code 5||25|
Ultimately, the product choice will depend upon what the product will be used for (the purpose) and any specifications advised by project architect or physicist. Some other points which will help us further understand your requirements include:
- What thickness of lead you require (You may wish to refer to architect specifications or clarify with a physicist)
- How high the lead lining needs to go (L x W x H)
- Whether you also require lead glass or a lead-lined door
- The measurements for the walls, doors and glass
- What weight of lead you require
We have assisted many organisations with their radiation shielding solutions and we encourage you to get in touch with us to discuss your project and obtain pricing. Midland Lead Australia can deliver, arrange a courier, or alternatively we will work with your courier provider to arrange delivery. For further information on the many radiation shielding solutions we have available please contact us today for a quotation.
- Today, Midland Lead Australia supplies premium grade lead doors right across Australia be it for the purpose of medical radiation or sound proofing. The main purpose of the radiation shielding is to prevent patients and health personnel from exposure of the stray radiation rays. Why lead door is a requirement? Lead isREAD MORE
- Midland Lead Australia Pty Ltd, is leading supplier of lead products. Our lead flashing sheet is produced to EN Code Weights and has British Standard BS EN certification (conforms to AS 1804 – 1976). We have been supplying and working with lead for over 25 years. Midland Lead Australia supplies a wideREAD MORE
Midland Lead have been manufacturing lead for 27 years.
20th December 2016
We are proud of the high-quality lead products, lead flashing and service we have been giving to our customers since 1983.